UPS Supervisor Test – Application Process, Success Tips & Practice Questions
Last Updated on October 17, 2022
The UPS supervisor test is an exam that tests your knowledge and aptitude to make sure you will be a good fit for a supervisory role. Being prepared will help you feel confident on the day of your test. The first step to preparing for the UPS supervisor exam is studying and knowing what will be covered in each section of the exam.
You can do this by reading through all of your upcoming job materials, including safety manuals, policies & procedures guidebooks, employee handbook updates/announcements, etc.
Let’s take a look at what you should do before taking the exam and practice questions that can help you ace that test!
What Is a UPS Supervisor?
A UPS supervisor works in a leadership role at the United Parcel Service (UPS). They might manage 100+ people in their region and help to organize, develop and motivate staff.
There are various different supervisor roles across different areas of the company. Often a supervisor will have operational and logistical responsibilities so they will need to be fairly experienced to take on the role.
5 Tips on How to Prepare for the UPS Supervisor Test
1) Try out Practice Tests
The first way to prepare for the UPS Supervisor Test is by doing some online practice tests. While you may not find the exact test available, check out this UPS Prep Pack from Job Test Prep.
The UPS Supervisor Test is likely to have questions in the following sections so it can be good to do practice tests in these areas too:
- Situational Judgment – this tests how you will react to hypothetical situations in the workplace. Check out free situational judgment practice questions here at Job Test Prep.
- Personality Test – This will test whether your personality is a good fit for the company and role. Try a free personality test at Job Test Prep.
- Numerical Reasoning – this will test your basic math, algebra, and numerical skills. Try a free numerical reasoning test here.
The UPS exams you will take may test your knowledge of shipping packages, while another might be about how to prepare for bad weather conditions. The best way to get ready for this test is by studying and preparing before taking it!
2) Learn UPS’s Values
Learning the core values of UPS will help you understand what the company is looking for in a new hire. This can guide the way you tackle the test and especially the interview. When you answer any question in the test, think about whether your answer clearly upholds the following values.
- Quality and Efficiency
3) Learn the History and Values of UPS
Learning the history of UPS can help you get a better score on your test and can also give you some insight into the UPS company itself. For example, if the test asks about the company’s history such as how long it’s been in service, you’ll need to know that UPS was started in 1907.
4) Study and Prepare
To get a high score on the UPS Supervisor Test, you need to know the materials at your disposal well and not make any careless mistakes. You also have to show that you can think logically since this test does require a certain level of intelligence.
If there is one thing we could stress more regarding UPS Supervisors Test Prep, it’s that you should never try to second guess yourself when taking this exam.
The answer sheet will be stored electronically, which means your answers cannot be changed once entered into the system so make sure you believe the answers you’re putting down.
5) Know What UPS Employees do Day-to-Day
Being in a supervisory position requires needing to know the job’s rules and regulations like the back of your hand. They are in charge of many other employees, and it is their responsibility to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
With UPS, you would be responsible for ensuring that all goals are met and that all work is handled professionally, ensuring the best possible experience for customers on the receiving end.
Monitoring loads directly onto the truck or during the package handling process in the facility could fall under this category.
What to Know Before the UPS Supervisor Test
The Costs of the Test
The price of taking the UPS Supervisor Test depends on many different factors, such as how fast you want your results and if it’s an open or closed book test. However, average prices range from $60-$300 depending on these factors.
Qualifying for The Test
Most people can become a UPS supervisor, however, some requirements need to be met first before applying for the job position, including having prior experience in labor-management roles within several locations across the USA.
When You’ll Hear Back About The Application
Usually, you will hear back about your application within the next couple of weeks, however, if you applied for an open position, it may take a few months with so many applicants wanting to become a UPS Supervisor.
15 Practice Questions For Your UPS Supervisor Test
- What is the difference between active and passive listening?
- If you were an intern at UPS and someone asked you something, what might they ask?
- How would you define teamwork?
- What is your definition of an ethical dilemma?
- What are some difficult decisions that supervisors need to make on the job, and why are they difficult?
- Describe what it is like to work with someone who disagrees with your ideas or methods while remaining cool under pressure
- How does your experience fit with UPS’s mission and values?
- Describe a time you led a team to success; tell us what the situation was and how teamwork made the situation turn out better for all involved
- One core characteristic of UPS: “aggressively cultivating opportunity, creating it where we see an opening, seizing it before someone else does.” Do you think this could be applied in any business venture?
- What would be some other characteristics that describe UPS as a company?
- What is the difference between the UPS and FedEx?
- How should you handle a situation dealing with an angry customer?
- Do you think that interacting with people will make your job more difficult for this position?
- What kind of environment does UPS provide to their employees and how do you plan on taking advantage of it?
- Has there been any time in your life when you received good customer service from a business that made such an impression that you’ll never forget it?
Job Test Prep’s UPS Assessment Test
The Job Test Prep practice tests are a great resource for those who are looking to take the UPS assessment. When applying for a job at a company, it’s important to know what’s on the test. JobTestPrep is a website that offers practice tests and study guides for various types of assessments.
They offer tips on how to answer certain questions correctly, and more! It’s really easy – just sign up online via email address and you’ll be ready to go in a few minutes. By taking advantage of the assessment, you’ll be able to discover your strengths and weaknesses.
As well, you may even end up scoring higher than expected- especially if it’s the first time taking an assessment like UPS certification!
At least giving this resource a try is worth doing because you can save yourself some money by preparing for the test beforehand. The price of JobTestPrep is fair considering all that it has to offer in terms of study tools and practice tests!
If you’re interested in taking the UPS supervisor test, be sure to study and prepare before your exam.
It’s best to take some online practice tests so that you can get started on this process today!
Remember, studying is important – but nothing can replace practice when preparing for a big test like this one.