5 Online Courses That Will Transform Your Career Overnight
Everyone wants a great job. Everyone wants a promotion. Everyone wants a pay increase. But most people don’t realise that the secret to acheiving all of those things is personal growth.
Only by improving yourself will your circumstances change.
Improving your skillset is the key that unlocks all of those new opportunities. (One of my old bosses had a great maxim that he used to repeat often. He’d say, “if you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got” and that’s undoubtedly true.)
Without making changes inside you, nothing will change for you.
This is why we’ve partnered with Udemy, the world’s largest destination for online learning. Udemy’s courses are super-high quality, fully user-rated and most of them have free previews so you can get a good flavour of any course without paying a penny.
We’ve hand-picked a selection of Udemy’s most-popular courses so you can turbocharge your career today. Let’s take a look.
This course by Jerry Hunter is insanely popular and perfect for candidates who are struggling to break through into the next level.
Jerry shares the techniques that led to him getting 3-6 interviews a week through “by-passing HR”. (3-6 interviews a week is a little excessive in our book, but undoubtedly effective!) Watch the video to learn more.
At first glance Jimmy Naraine can comes across a little bit, well, cheesy. But don’t let that first impression fool you, this guy has helped tens of thousands of people and this is one of his most popular courses.
This course was made for anyone that wants to improve their levels of confidence and self-esteem. The only requirements are a flexible mindset and a commitment to changing yourself.
“Enrollees in this course will have access to over thirty-five videos that seek out your inner confidence and build it up step-by-step with mental exercises. You will learn how to feel powerful and capable in your abilities and break out of the psychological cages that you have built around yourself.”
Another course from Jimmy Naraine, this time specifically targeted at job interview success.
This was featured as one of the best courses on Udemy and it’s easy to see why. Jimmy’s presentation style won’t be for everyone, but there’s no doubting the substance of this course:
“Would you like me to hand you a blueprint for landing your dream job? If you want to learn how to hack job interviews this is the most important course you will ever take.”
- Over 80 lectures and 5 hours of content
- Beat Other Candidates
- Preparation Strategies
- Develop Winner’s Mindset
- Alleviate Stress before the interview
- Make a Great First Impression
- Negotiate Higher Salary
- Gain Interview Confidence
- Handle Challenging Questions
- Learn about Body Language
- Win at Phone/Skype Interviews
This course from US career coach Chris Westfall covers a host of essential interview skills. It’s a crash course in interview prep and gets right to the point.
This is a punchy and good value course which covers a lot of ground. Here’s the highlights:
- Over 70 minutes of one-on-one video coaching with career expert, Chris Westfall (the author of BulletProof Branding and The NEW Elevator Pitch).
- Targeted instruction that goes beyond the basics – find out how to answer the really tough questions!
- Change the interview from a one-sided interrogation into a conversation and build rapport with the interviewer
- How to prove you’re a strong candidate, without being pushy, phony, or fake
- Be confident about telling your story, especially when the stakes are high
- Negotiate your salary like a pro
This course from Matthew Tambiah gets straight to the point. It teaches fast techniques to help candidates quickly solve the commercial problems posed in management consulting interviews and case studies. If you’re seeking a job with companies like KPMG, PWC or Deloitte, this one is for you.
The course has two components.
1) The first half of the course teaches techniques to perform numerical calculations quickly and efficiently without using a calculator or spreadsheet (as required in case interviews).
2) The second half of the course reviews the most common types of quantitative problems given in case study interviews. The course shows students the most efficient solution method for each problem type, and how to use the computational techniques taught in the first portion of the course to generate answers quickly and efficiently.
The course highlights how to use the results of the quantitative analysis to generate insights and recommendations relevant to the overall case.
All the example problems used in the course are derived from real case studies from leading management consulting firms including Deloitte, McKinsey, BCG, and Accenture.
Thanks and good luck!
We hope you enjoyed this roundup? These are Udemy’s best courses for job-hunters. Let us know what you think of your course here, We’d love to hear your feedback.